Friday, October 12, 2012

#sleepy

I was at the Vietnam-Singapore Potluck Dinner (organized by International Friendship Group) and I met this VCF-er and we started to talk. Halfway through I was saying I am from KL and he (a Singaporean) said: "I know this is a long shot but do you know William Ong?"

*goosebumps moments*

Of all Malaysians, he knows the Ongs! Haha. They go to the same church. The event was supposed to be a platform for VCF-ers to befriend the Vietnamese students in NUS. I think there were 30 of us were there but only with 4 Vietnamese students. Haha. So it's more like a platform for VCF-ers to interact with one another. BUT it's a good thing in a way cuz managed to speak to other VCF-ers. There was another exchange student there whom I thought was a Vietnamese (sorry shouldn't judge from appearance) until I sat down and started to talk and when I heard the ang moh accent I was thinking cannot be Vietnamese right... Then I thought maybe a Vietnamese who studied in one of the Western countries and came to NUS for exchange.. OR, he still could be a Vietnamese cuz some Vietnamese carry a Westerner accent... Then only I realized he is NOT from Vietnamese but an exchange student from UC. Then I thought to myself, ok, he does look like an ABC.. Can be Chinese? A bit fair though.. Until he told me he lost his passport and waiting for his documents to arrive from Japan.

Wait, Japan?! O_o

THEN, it all make sense.. Japanese! His japanese look suddenly became very distinctive. Hahah. From Vietnamese --> Chinese --> Japanese. LOL. Criminology student man.. *thinks CSI* Why didn't we have such course in NUS?

1 comment:

  1. I see my brother is so popular now! LOL! I miss you like crazy tessie! Bila boleh skype let me know..IN ADVANCE! i'm super tired all the time and i constantly don't have enough time! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete